Short hair sets down the platform for attaining different hairstyles immediately or as time progresses. Furthermore, short hair is comfortable and easy to maintain. There are a couple of things worth noting down before choosing any hairstyles for short hair. Here are some of these vital factors worth considering:
- Decide on how short your hair should be- There is no definite answer for short hair. It’s up to you to choose how short you want your hair to look like. There are couples of short length hair to choose from. It can be pixie cut, chin length, ear length, cheek length or mouth length.
- Hair color- Short hairstyles vary in terms of color. The short hair color you choose on your head influences the event and outfit you will wear and attend. Therefore, choose a hair color that complements the event you will attend.
- Maintenance requirements- A lot of people focus on short hair because it is easy to maintain. Therefore, check the maintenance requirement of a short hairstyle before adopting it.
Below is a list of ten types of hairstyles for short hair you can adopt:
1. Bun with Short Hair- Learn How to Do
Bun with short hair suits any lady whose hair can be converted into ponytail. Don’t overstretch your hair if it doesn’t attain the required length. Bun with short hair looks unique and good on the head. Here are step by step guidelines on how to attain this glamorous hairstyle:
- Use a comb to smoothen your hair. It should be free from tangles and frizz. Afterwards, direct all your hair into a high ponytail. There is no specific location your high ponytail should be located. It all depends on what you want to attain in the long run. Use a comb when forming the high ponytail. You should also hold it intact using an elastic band.
- Proceed and further tease your ponytail. Teasing hair improves its volume, texture and its general outlook.
- Commence and divide your ponytail into two main sections. The two equal sections should be equal in terms of size. This makes your ponytail resemble a fishtail.
- Take a section of hair from the right side and twist it around your ponytail. Its edges should be tucked under your ponytail.
- Carry on and twist its edges. This brings out the first half bun look.
- Take the remaining hair on the left side of the head and form up the remaining bun section. Use bobby pins to hold your bun intact in its place so that it doesn’t get damaged.
- You should also tuck any loose sections beneath your bun.
- Start off by gathering all your hair behind the nape of your neck. Consider using a ponytail holder to hold your hair intact.
- Comb your hair to get rid of any tease and tangles that might form on your hair. Afterwards, form a ponytail with your hair.
- Take your hair edges and use them to hold your ponytail. You will a bun look. Feel free to enhance the looks and texture of your hair through hair spray.
2. Braids with Short Hair- Learn How to Do
A lot of traditional braids are impossible to attain with short hair. There are a couple of braids style that can be adopted through short hair. Choose the braids or you risk damaging your hair. Here is a step by step procedure on how to attain braids with short hair:
- It all starts off by parting your hair into two sections. These two sections should be equal in terms of length. Use the right comb to part your hair into two sections.
- Choose the hair side you want to adopt your braids. It can be either the right or left side.
- Commence and divide hair on the selected side into three sections.
- These three hair sections will be used for plaiting braids. Pin your braids in place using bobby pins. It’s up to you to choose the size you want to form braids on the head.
- Proceed and form braids on the adjacent side. Ensure the braids formed on both the right and left side of the head should be equal in terms of size.
- You must part your hair on either the right or left side of the head. Use the right comb or brush to give your hair a smooth look.
- Gather a section of hair on your selected side and come up with a few braids. Divide your hair strands into three sections before a single braid.
- Take a couple of loose hair and gather them on your braid. Here, you have the freedom of choosing the braid size to form on the head.
- Start off by parting your hair. Use the right comb so that you don’t damage your hair.
- Shift your attention on one side. It can be either the right or left side.
- Divide your hair into three sections.
- These three sections should be used in plaiting braid.
- Repeat the same procedure with hair on the adjacent side.
- Don’t forget to tuck in the sides.
3. Bob with Short Hair- Learn How to Do
Bob haircuts for short hair are among the commonly adopted hairstyles. They are adopted because they are easy to maintain. There is a wide range of variety to choose from. Below are some bob with short hair styles you should consider:
- Leave your hair wet after shower. You can also dampen it. Wet hair is encouraged for anyone with short hair who wants bob style.
- Apply any styling agent while blow drying your hair. Use your fingers to spread the styling agent throughout the head.
- Clip your and work in beats. This makes it easy to work on your hair.
- Use the right comb for your hair for your loose hair.
- Take your blow dryer and your brush.
- Repeat the blow drying process until you reach your bottom hair. Part your hair into sections so that you can blow dry your entire hair.
- Go on and rest your front view hair on either the right or left side of the head. Hair on the back should be combed straight towards its natural growing direction.
- You need a flat iron and a brush.
- This method insists that your hair should be dry. You can also use a styling agent or heat protectant product. This protects your hair against damage.
- Go on and divide your hair into numerous sections. This gives you an easy time using flat iron.
- Use the flat iron until your hair attains a straight look. Afterwards, design your hair until you attain your desired bun look. Your front view hair should be directed on both sides of the head. Hair on the back should be directed towards the back.
4. Curly With Short Hair- Learn How to Do
Curly look gives your short hair a glamorous look. There are numerous curls to choose from. This is in terms of size and general look. There are two ways of attaining curls for short hair. Here are step by step guidelines on how to form curls on your head:
- You are encouraged to wash your hair a few hours before adopting curls on the head. Clean hair makes it easy to form curls on the head.
- Go ahead and use a blow drier to dry your hair roughly ninety percent.
- Apply any heat protectant product on the head. These products protect your hair from damage from heat.
- Divide your hair into sections. This makes it easy to curl your hair.
- Commence and use your fingers to muss your hair roots.
- Proceed and form any style with your curls.
- This method requires you to use a flat iron.
- You should also purchase a heat protectant product. It protects your hair from damage caused by heat.
- Proceed and divide your hair into numerous sections. This makes it easy to use the flat iron. It also ensures all regions of the head attain curls.
- Curl your hair according to your requirements. There is no limit in terms of curl size you should adopt on the head.
5. Dreadlocks with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
You can attain dreadlocks with your short hair and gradually improve them. Below are some guidelines you can use to adopt dreadlocks for your short hair:
- Start off by washing your hair with shampoo. Shampoo removes natural oils and residues that make your hair slippery. Afterwards, dry your hair with a towel or give it sometimes.
- Divide your hair into sections before dividing them into squares.
- People with textured or curled hair should use the right comb to get rid of the curl and tangles on the head.
- Backcombing easily gets rid of tangles.
- Work on section by section. Carry on and apply dread wax on your hair and roll them with your palm.
- Repeat this procedure until you attain dreadlocks throughout the head.
- This second step applies to ladies who want to keep their dreadlocks for a long period. Therefore, use dread wax to form dreads throughout the head. Swiftly roll the dreads on your hair until your short hair fully attains dreadlocks.
- Dreadlocks are prone to breakage. Therefore, you should moisturize your dreadlocks to prevent any breakage. There are numerous moisturizing products to choose from.
- Make an effort of washing your dreadlocks at least once a week with shampoo. This protects your dreadlocks from unraveling.
- The rate of hair growth for ladies who adopt dreadlocks increases. Therefore, make an effort of tucking any loose hair on your dreadlocks. You can use crochet in the entire process.
- You should also rub the roots of your dreadlocks so that your hair gradually grows.
Dreadlock maintenance is very crucial. It helps determine how your dreadlocks look and the rate your short hair will grow. Pay keen attention on dreadlocks maintenance.
6. Ponytail with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
There are specific ponytail styles that suit short hair. Ensure your hair meets the set length before adopting any ponytail on your short hair. Failure to this, you risk damaging your hair. Below are some step by step guidelines on how to attain ponytail with your short hair:
- Divide your entire hair into three sections. These sections should be equal in terms of size. The middle hair section should be used to form a low ponytail.
- It’s up to you to choose the size of the ponytail you want to attain. You are also free to choose the spot you want to form your low ponytail.
- Use elastic bands to hold your ponytail intact.
- Attach hair on the right side on your low ponytail. Use bobby pins to hold your hair intact on the base of your ponytail.
- Repeat the same procedure with hair on the left side of the head.
- Feel free to enhance the looks and texture of your hair through hair spray.
- Start off by dividing your hair into three sections. You should use hair on the middle to form a half knot ponytail.
- Tie hair on the right side on the left side of your ponytail. Consequently, hair on the left side should be directed on the right side of your half knot ponytail. Use bobby pins to hold your hair intact on your ponytail.
- Feel free to tease and use hair spray on your hair.
- Start off by applying gel throughout the head.
- Form a braid from the nape upwards. You are free to choose the braid size on the head.
- Carry on and form a high ponytail with your ponytail and braid.
7. Waves with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
There is no specific length for short hair. However, there is a length limit your hair should attain in order to present good looking waves. Waves are easy to attain and maintain. Follow any of the below guidelines if you want to attain waves for short hair:
- Waves must bring out a shiny, smooth and moist look. Therefore, you should apply any styling cream on your hair. The styling cream determines the final outlook of your hair.
- Waves mostly look good on sideways hair. Therefore, your attention should mostly focus on your sides.
- Carry on and divide your hair into four equal sections. You should form a single bun with hair on each section. You are free to choose the bun size to form on the head. Use bobby pins to hold your hair intact.
- Apply hairspray on your hair and give it sometimes to dry.
- Remove the braids and give your hair sometimes to completely dry.
- Commence and untangle your bun. Carry on and shape your attained waves.
- Start off by applying heat protectant product on your hair. These products will protect your hair from damage.
- Here, your front view hair should be directed on both the right and left side of the head.
- Use blow dry to efficiently get rid of tangles on the head. You can either use a brush or a blow dry.
- Commence and form curls throughout the head. It’s up to you to choose the curl size to form on the head.
- Start off by applying heat protectant on your hair.
- Gather your top hair and clip it together.
- Start curling both sides of the head.
- Hair clipped together should be the last one to clip.
- Now attain your desired style throughout the head.
8. Layered with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
Layered hairstyles for short hair are simple and easy to attain. There are also other options to choose from. You can choose straight, curls, waves or blow out. Below is step by step procedure on how to attain layers on your short hair:
- Use a hair drier or brush to add volume to your hair. This makes it easy to dry your hair.
- Commence and apply sea salt spray on your hair. Sea salt spray brings out waves throughout the head. The amount of sea salt spray you use determines the curls you will attain.
- Curls bring out a layered look throughout the head. You can enhance the layered look through curling iron.
- Feel free to enhance the looks of your hair by using hair gel.
- You require a flat iron when adopting a layered look.
- First, apply heat protectant product on the hair. This protects your hair against damage.
- Pull all your hair straight towards the back of the head using the right comb.
- Use bobby pins to hold your hair intact.
- Apply a styling gel that will give your hair a layered look.
- You are free to sleek your hair in any direction you deem necessary.
- Completely dry your hair before directing your front view hair on either the right or left side of the head.
- Go ahead and apply heat protectant product on the head. This protects your hair from damage against heat.
- Carry on and form curls on the head. Curls is the simplest and easiest way of attaining a layered look on the head.
9. Updo with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
Updo hairstyles vary in terms of requirements. This is the reason there are updo hairstyles for short hair. Below are some step by step procedures on how to attain an updo hairstyle with short hair:
- Wash your hair a few hours before adopting any updo hairstyle. This gives your hair ample time to dry. Alternatively, you can use a blow drier to completely dry your hair.
- Carry on and part your hair into two sections. One section should be on the right and the other one towards the left. The parting should be done using a line.
- Focus on one section at a time. It can be either the right or left section.
- Form three hair strands on each side. Use these three strands to form a braid. The two braids on the head should be directed towards the back.
- You are free to choose the braid size to form on the head. Use elastic band to hold your hair intact.
- Divide your front view hair into three sections. One section should be on the middle and the other ones on both sides of the head.
- Use curling iron to form a curly look on the head.
- Afterwards, conjoin all your hair at some point on the back of the head. Intertwine your hair against each other before using bobby pins to hold your hair intact on the back.
- You need a good barber to efficiently trim your short hair. Hair around your mid head should be big when compared to that on other parts.
- Shift your attention on your mid head hair.
- Form curls on your mid head hair using a curling iron.
- You are free to choose the size of curls to form around your mid head.
10. Lob with Short Hair – Learn How to Do
Lob haircuts are simple and easy to attain. They are also easy to maintain. You will also have an easy time maintaining them. Here are some step by step guidelines on how to adopt lob hairstyles:
- You will need scissors and a curling iron.
- Start off by applying heat protectant product on the head.
- Remove tangles and bumps through blow drier.
- Afterwards, direct your front view hair on both the right and left side of the head.
- Hair on the right should be equal when compared to that on the left.
- Use curling iron to form curls throughout the head.
- Trim your hair edges to attain a uniform look throughout the head.
- Start off by parting your hair into two sections. One side should be directed on the right and the other one towards the left. Ensure both sides are equal in terms of length.
- Use a curling iron to form curls throughout the hair edges.
- Curls make it easy to adopt a layered look throughout the head.
- Systematically trim your sideways hair so that it reduces in length.
Learn How to Care For Short Hair
Taking care of short hair is the secret towards maintaining any hairstyle for short hair. There are numerous ways you can take care of your hair. Below are some tips on how to efficiently take care of your short hair:
- Avoid combing your hair frequently. Short hair doesn’t tangle quickly when compared to long hair. Instead, consider combing your short hair with fingers to give it a good shape. Short hair varies in terms of length. Therefore, you should invest in a good brush. The right brush protects your hair against damage. You should also gently comb your hair to minimize breakage.
- Reduce the number of times you use heat tools. There are some short hairstyles that require heat tools such as curling iron. Well; you should limit the number of times you use this product. Continuous or frequent use of heat tools when styling your hair can damage your hair. Always use heat protectant products when using any heat product. This reduces the possibility of your hair getting damaged.
- Consider trimming your hair. Anyone who chooses a short hairstyle that should be maintained in shape should consider trimming. Trimming your hair ensures your hair is in good shape.
- Regularly wash your hair- You are encouraged to regularly wash your short hair with shampoo. This helps get rid of any residue and natural oil that might be on your scalp. This gives your hair ample environment and growth.
- Use the right hair products- We all have different goals and needs as far as our hair is concerned. Therefore, look for products that will help you attain your set goals. You should also focus on products that don’t contain toxic components.
- Take care of scalp- Scalp is an important aspect of your hair. It determines the rate your hair will grow. Therefore, you should regularly massage your scalp. This increases the blood flow rate and absorption rate in the blood.
Check out different types of hairstyles for short hair before making any decision. Ensure your selected hairstyle blends with your facial complexion and your needs.