Do you feel like your hair is changing? Are you having problems like hair fall, fizziness, dryness, and split-ends? If YES, then its high time now, and you need to pay attention and take good care of your hair to make them healthy again. However, shampooing your hair clean once or twice a week and oiling isn’t enough to restore the excellent quality of your hair. It’s a whole process of setting a routine, conditioning, cleaning and nourishing your delicate hair to make them strong and healthy back again. Follow below few useful and simple tips to make your hair healthy again.
#1. Setting A New Routine
Proper handling of hair
- Damaged hair is very delicate and brittle and not handling them gently can lead to serious hair fall problems.
- Take extra care of your hair whether it’s wet or dry.
- Apply shampoo or any other products very gently with your fingertips in a circular manner without scrubbing the scalp.
- Don’t towel dry your hair by rubbing harshly. Simply squeeze the water and pat it with a towel with soft fabric.
Wash your hair less often
- Washing the hair too often makes it miss the natural oils and moisture as a result of which the hair becomes dry and fizzy.
- It is advisable to wash your hair once or twice a week by using the required amount of shampoo. Too much use of shampoo can damage the hair.
- Use lukewarm water instead of hot water to wash your hair.
- Use dry shampoo in moderation since they elevate fizziness and dryness of the hair when used excessively.
Air dry your hair whenever possible
- The use of a blow dryer to dry hair is the most important factor responsible for hair damage. Whenever possible, air dry your hair to retain the natural texture of your hair.
- Use heat styling tools like curler, straightener, etc. less frequently.
Use a comb instead of a hairbrush
- This may sound a bit astonishing, but hair brushes with plastic bristles make the hair break more while detangling.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair gently, without much pressure applied.
- Start detangling from tips and work towards the roots for less hair fall.
Stay away from hair treatments as much as possible
- Treating your hair to change its natural color, texture, etc. can have a severe effect on the health of your hair.
- Dyeing, bleaching, curling, and straightening using chemicals, etc. damage your hair to a great extent, especially when it’s already damaged.
- Use henna or any natural dye for lightening or darkening your hair color.
- Try to curl or straight your hair more naturally as much as possible.
#2. Giving Life To Your Hair
Deep condition your hair regularly
- Hair responds well to deep conditioning methods. Use a readymade deep conditioner available in markets and apply it once a week or as directed in the product for restoring the quality of your hair.
- You may also choose to prepare a homemade deep conditioner by using oils only. Oil your hair with coconut or olive oil from the roots to the tips. Cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight. Wash it the other day and repeat this every week to get smooth and healthy hair.
Use hair masks for healthy hair
- Make your own hair mask at home by using natural ingredients. Hair masks may be prepared according to the texture and quality of hair.
- Whisked eggs, yogurt, honey, a mixture of vinegar and water or any other combination of these can act as a wonderful hair mask.
- Hair masks condition your hair and make then strong and healthy. Apply it on wet hair and leave it for 5-10 minutes before washing your hair clean.
Use finishing oils or serums
- Applying a leave-in serum or oil or conditioner can be great for handling fizzy hair. Coconut, olive, jojoba oils are excellent finishing oils when used moderately on just-dried hair to give them a shine.
- Rub them on your scalp very gently and also do the same on the tresses.
Use a boar bristle brush
- Boar bristles are natural bristles that resemble the human hair, and thus boar bristle brush is entirely safe to use.
- This particular kind of brush brings your oils from the roots and distributes it evenly throughout the length of your hair.
Stick to using natural products as much as possible
- Use natural hair products as much as possible instead of the ones containing too many chemicals that can cause more damage to your delicate hair.
- Avoid the hair products containing sulfate, silicon, and alcohol since they make your hair dry and dull.
#3. Naturally Growing Healthy Hair
Massage your scalp with love
Massaging the scalp works wonders for your hair since it’s through massaging that the scalp and hair get love. Use coconut, olive or jojoba oil and massage using your fingertips in a circular motion covering every part of the scalp.
Maintain a healthy diet
- The food you eat also has a significant impact on the health of your hair. Depriving your body of vitamins and minerals can make the hair dry and brittle.
- Intake of a healthy amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fats can improve the health of your hair.
- Include salmon, sardines, meat, fish, beans, eggs, tofu, avocados, papaya and other Vitamin C rich fruits.
Drink a lot of water
- Another reason for dry and frizzy hair is dehydration. Water is a significant component of our diet.
- Consume lots of water and avoid alcohol especially when you are trying to retrieve the original quality of your hair.
- Carry a water bottle wherever you go so that you don’t get dehydrated.
Give protection to your hair
- Protect your hair from sun, rain and dry winds by wearing a scarf or hat when in the sun.
- Use a swimming cap while swimming to protect your hair from chlorine water.
- Use natural products and colors to shampoo and color your hair whenever possible.
Get your hair trimmed regularly
- Trimming your hair once in every 2 months makes your hair look fresh by trimming the deadlocks and split ends.
- Don’t use styling tools that use heat during each visit to the salon.
By following this healthy routine of proper hair cleaning methods and deep conditioning with paying adequate attention towards the diet, you can get dense, shiny and smooth hair that can make you look like Rapunzel.