Are you a fan of ponytail hairstyles? If yes, you are lucky. Here, you will be privileged to go through four different types of braided ponytails. Above all; you will have a rough idea on how to design them on your own without your hair stylist help. Are you ready? Here are the four different braided ponytails:
How to create braided base ponytail
Braided base ponytail hairstyle is one of the simplest and easy to attain hairstyles. It also gives you a unique look because a lot of people don’t adopt this hairstyle. There are two different ways of attaining braided base ponytail hairstyle.
- First, your hair should be long enough to form a ponytail.
- Move on and sleek your hair towards the back of the head to form a ponytail. You are free to choose either a low or high ponytail.
- Use the right brush or comb to keep ensure your hair is properly arranged to form a good looking ponytail. Alternatively, you can use hair spray before sleeking it backwards with your hands.
- Go ahead and take a section of hair forming ponytail. Take some time and plait this hair. Pin it to avoid it mixing with hair forming your ponytail.
- Afterwards, conjoin these braids with your ponytail’s edges.
- Use some booby pin to segment this hairstyle, while preventing it from getting damaged.
Here is another way you can design your desired braided base ponytail hairstyle.
- Start off by preparing your hair to make it easy to form a ponytail. Similarly, you are also free to decide where to form your ponytail. It is evident that this hairstyle offers you a lot of flexibility.
- Use a rattail comb when styling your ponytail to avoid any form of breakage. Using the correct comb also makes it easy to remove tangles from your head.
- Take hair forming ponytail and divide it into four main sections.
- Use hair clips to properly hold still these four hair sections.
- Afterwards, start plaiting your hair on all four sections. There is no limit on the size of braids to form. It depends on your desired final outcome and the length you want your ponytail to look like.
- Use a moisturizer to enhance the looks of your hair.
- Finalize the designing process by conjoining your braids with your ponytail.
How to create woven ponytail
Are you tired of simple and plain ponytail hairstyles? If yes, consider woven ponytail hairstyle. This hairstyle adds some flair on your hair. Above all; it is very simple and easy to design. There are different ways you can design woven ponytail. Familiarize yourself with different designing technique and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comb your hair to make it straight. Using the right comb easily removes different tangles.
- Use your hands to direct all your hair straight towards the back of the head.
- Go further and divide your hair into two equal parts.
- Take a clear elastic band and hold still hair forming a ponytail.
- Pull some hair from both the right and left side of your head. Try and take equal amounts of hair so that this hairstyle looks neat and organized.
- Use bobby pins to hold your hair tight once it has conjoined with your ponytail.
- Lastly, ensure your ponytail is visible.
There is another way you can attain a woven ponytail hairstyle.
- Your hair should be divided into three main parts. Try your best and make these three sections equal.
- Hair on the middle part of your hair should be used to form a ponytail. Don’t pull your hair so tight when forming a ponytail.
- Carry on and start twisting a section of hair on the left side of the head. Direct your braids towards the direction of your ponytail.
- Repeat the same procedure with hair on the right side of the head before wrapping these braids beneath your ponytail. There are instances where it is difficult to hold still this woven ponytail hairstyle.
- Use an elastic hair band to hold your hairstyle still for a long period.
Lastly, there is another way you can design woven ponytail.
- You simply need to divide your hair into two sections through a line.
- Commence and focus your attention on hair on the right side of the head. This gives you ample time to focus on one side at a time.
- Further divide hair on the right side of the head into three sections. Proceed and make simple braids on each three sections.
- Repeat the same procedure with hair on the left side of the head.
- Don’t plait all your hair. A section of your hair on both the right and left side of the head should be used to form a ponytail.
- Conjoin all your braids on your ponytail. Feel free to use elastic bands to hold this hairstyle still.
How to create half-up fishtail ponytail
A lot of women find fishtail hairstyle a bit delicate. As a result, they prefer visiting their stylist to help them attain this hairstyle. Well; this is quite the opposite when it comes to half up fishtail ponytail hairstyle. This hairstyle is a combination of both fishtail braid and a half up ponytail.
- Don’t wash your hair the same day you wish to adopt this hairstyle. Wet or freshly washed hair cannot hold this hairstyle for a long period.
- Use a curling iron to curl your hair. Use products that will protect your hair from extreme heat.
- Afterwards, form a half up ponytail by pulling all your hair towards the back of the head. You can use a hair brush to form a half up ponytail. Be careful on the hair brush or comb you use on your head or you risk damaging your hair.
- You should divide your ponytail into two main sections. This means you will have the right and left section. Ensure all the sections are equal and have the same hair.
- Take a section of hair on the left section of the head and let if hand downwards.
- The same procedure should be done on hair on the right section.
- Move on and start plaiting your ponytail. There is no braid size you should choose. It all depends on your desired outcome.
- Form a knot with your hair towards the end of your braid. You can give your braids some volume through fluffing.
There is another way of designing half up fishtail ponytail hairstyle.
- Curly or straight hair works perfect when designing this hairstyle. It all depends on your preference. In addition to these, your hair should be long enough to form a ponytail.
- Use hair around your forehead to create a ponytail. Don’t use all your hair on this process because you will need it when forming a half up ponytail.
- Clip your first ponytail so that you have an easy time designing the half up ponytail. Unclip the first ponytail and divide it into two sections before using hair elastic to hold them still.
- Afterwards, form a faux fishtail braid.
How to create pull through braided ponytail
Pull through is the simplest hairstyles on this list.
- You can either use your natural hair or weave extension to attain this hairstyle.
- Direct all your hair towards the top.
- Choose a spot on top of your hair and form a ponytail.
- Tie up your ponytail using an elastic band so that the entire designing process becomes simple and pretty straightforward. It would be better if you can direct your ponytail on your face.
- Commence and design another ponytail, immediately below the first one.
- Turn your attention back to the first ponytail. Split your first ponytail into two main sections. Pass your second ponytail in between these two sections.
- Gather some hair and form a third ponytail. This should be immediately below the second ponytail.
- Sleek your second ponytail down before dividing it into two main sections.
- That’s not all; gather more hair and come up with a fourth ponytail.
- Conjoin all your ponytails and form a low ponytail. You are free to use headbands to hold your pull through braided ponytail together.
There is a second way you can attain a pull through braided ponytail hairstyle.
- Sleek all your hair to form a ponytail.
- Move on and divide your ponytail into two equal halves. This brings some sort of neatness.
- Use a comb to divide your hair into two equal halves.
- Your ponytail should attain a bottom and top section.
- Take a section of your hair and wrap it around the top section.
- Use your finger to make a hole on the top section of your ponytail.
- Take the bottom section of your ponytail and pass it through this hole.
- Tighten the hole so that the bottom section becomes the new top. You are free to plait your hair in order to attain your desired length.
What are you waiting for? You can use any of the above guidelines to attain a braided ponytail hairstyle.