There’s nothing cuter and funnier than little girls with pigtails. Most of the girly hairstyles with pigtails involve braids with ribbons and lovely front ties, or any cute twists. These hairstyles often look intricate and are also simpler ones, suitable for any person to start. Pigtails are also generally referred to as twin tails are quite popular among the Japanese, particularly in anime and manga society. These days pigtail braids are quite popular and used by many stars and fashion/beauty bloggers. The pigtail may or may not be plaited depending upon the person’s preference. However, it is one of the best choices for young girls and kids. The super lightweight, a modest yet stylish hairstyle brings a charming look to your collection of hairstyles without much effort and experience.
Supply You’ll Need To Make Pigtail Braids
- Elastic Band
Detailed Steps To Make Pigtail Braids
- Wash your hair nicely to achieve the best pigtail. Allow it to air dry, or use a blow-dryer to dry the hair.
- Comb your hair to remove knots and tangles.
The trickiest part of the styling consists of these few steps:
- Use the back of the comb to make a straight line in your hair from the top to bottom
- Separate your hair into equal segments using a fine-toothed comb.
- Part it into two identical sections and comb to exclude tangles if required.
Now comes the braiding process, which includes:
- Choose a side and separate a small segment of hair near your forehead.
- Distribute the hair into three equal strands and start plaiting a regular braid.
- Now cross the right strand of hair into the center, and then cross the left-most part into the center.
- Perform these steps again and join more hair while you continue to braid.
The final styling of the pigtail braid can be achieved with these steps:
- Bend the braid towards the end of the head and apart from the face.
- Start doing French braid by adding a small part of the hair to the right strand and passing it over the middle part.
- Repeat the same procedure until you reach your aspired point of the braiding.
- Repeat the same procedure to the opposite portion of the hair and tighten with an elastic band. You can now style the braided pigtails on your wish!
There is no particular age limit for adorning the cute pigtail braids. However, it can depend on a few factors as per the occasion and outfit with this hairstyle. This is an easy look for all types of short, medium, and long hair irrespective of the textures and other factors.
Ponytail looks like a pony’s tail with all the hair tucked back collectively. A ponytail can be worn with variations by knotting it at any place of the head, including the sides, top, or at the nape. In pigtail, the hair is separated into two opposite segments and fastened with an elastic. The pigtail may be braided or not depending on the person’s choice.
Some of the steps to maintain your braid to last long are:
1. Wear a scarf when you go to bed made out of silk or satin and protect hair at night
2. Keep your scalp moist at least two to three times a week, applying a leave-in conditioner
3. Spend more time in styling by redoing your edges