Hairs form an important part of one’s face. It helps in enhancing the beauty of the face when properly maintained. When you reach a certain stage of your life, your hair follicles are likely to develop white hair. They are developed to replace the last dead hair. Some people might consider them a sign of maturity, while some might even dislike the presence of white hair.
You will have the presence of white hair when your hair starts losing pigment. In case there is a significant reduction of pigment, hairs will turn grey. When there is no presence of pigment then it will make your hair turn into white—still, the exact cause for while hairs are yet to be discovered. We have shared here a few of the remedies which can help you to reverse white hair growth.
Causes of White Hair
It is quite common to find white hairs when you turn old. But there are several reasons due to which one might even face white hair at their younger age. We have discussed those reasons here to provide you with information about how one can avoid white hair.
- Genetics: If you are facing white hair at a younger age, it is likely possible that your parents or grandparents have faced a similar situation. One can’t change the genetics for removing white hairs but you can color the hairs.
- Stress: According to one of the studies, it is found that higher stress levels can result in the depletion of stem cells. So, if you are recently facing white hair, then stress might be the culprit.
- Autoimmune: In this situation, the immune system of the body attacks its own cells of the body. Cases of alopecia and vitiligo can have an immune system attack hairs and result in loss of pigment.
- Disorder of thyroid: When you are facing an issue with your thyroid, it can cause hormonal changes in the body. This can likely be responsible for premature white hair.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B-12: Vitamins are quite important for hair growth. It not only provides energy to the body but also helps in providing the color to your hair. In case of Vitamin B-12 deficiency, it will result in the weakening of hair cells and result in a reduction of the production of melanin.
- Smoking: It is likely known that smoking can cause a risk of lung cancer and disease of the heart. Still, over longer-term smoking can even affect one’s hair. When one is smoking it will result in constricting blood vessels to reduce the flow of blood to hair follicles. This will result in losing one’s hair.
Products Available in the Market
Many different kinds of products are available in the market for solving the problem of white hair. The selection of the right product will depend on one’s own preferences and suitability to its ingredients. Some of the popular items include Black Tea, Curry Leaves and coconut oil, Onion Juice and Olive Oil, and many more. All these ingredients can easily be found from the market and one can use them based on the one which suits them. We have discussed each of the ingredients with their brief description.
Tips and Tricks to Avoid the Growth of White Hairs
One’s hair maintains its color when it is regularly pigmented via melanin. When its effect of pigmentation reduces or gets stopped, you will observe white hair growing. A few of the things to avoid are provided here, which can help you to prevent further growth of white hairs.
- Take enough quantity of vitamins: To keep your hair in healthy condition, you should have enough quantity of vitamin intake in your body. For that, some of the important vitamins for your hair include Vitamin B-12 and Biotin, Vitamin E, D, and A.
- Sufficient amount of minerals intake: Minerals form a vital part for the growth of hairs and their repairs. We are likely to face hair damage due to numerous surrounding conditions. It might result in long term hair loss or damage to the hairs. To reverse the changes and have better hair quality, one should have proper mineral intake in their body. Some of the minerals which will help you with better hair growth include zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, and copper.
- Smoking: Smoking is also affecting the health of your hair by damaging its follicles. So, one should try to avoid smoking to reduce any kind of damage which might be caused to their hair.
- Sunlight: Also, when you are going in direct sunlight, you can avoid the direct contact of your hairs with sunlight. This can be done with the help of a hat or scarf.
- Avoid hair damage: To prevent hair damage, one should avoid a few of the activities which are performed regularly. These activities include applying bleach, use of a brush with wet hair instead of a comb, too much heat from a straightener or curling iron or hairdryer, using harsh shampoos/soaps.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Hairs
1. Use Coconut Oil
Before going to bed, one should massage coconut oil on their hair and scalp every other day. It can be washed on the next day morning.
Take a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, which is mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey.
3. Blackstrap Molasses
On every other day, you can take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses. This is believed to reverse the process of grey hair.
One should be drinking six ounces of fresh juice of amla daily. Even you should massage your hair with amla oil once every week.
5. Heena and Coffee
Mixture of Heena and coffee will impart a reddish-brown color to your hair. One should apply this to their hair once every three weeks.
6. Clarified Butter
You should massage your hairs and scalp with clarified butter twice a week.
Onion should be blended and then use a strainer to have a juice of the same to be applied over your scalp. One should do this twice a week and keep them in place after application for 30 minutes.
8. Carrot Juice
Carrot Juice is also beneficial for hairs. So, one should take about 8 ounces of carrot juice daily.
Take food intake, which is rich in enzyme catalase. It would include garlic, cabbage, sweet potato, kale, beef, eggs, and also lamb. One should also focus on foods which are anti-oxidant in nature. This will include berries, grapes, green leafy vegetables, and even green tea.
10. Black Tea
It is rich in antioxidants, which will help in preventing free radical damage to one’s hair. This will help you to avoid any kind of premature greying of the hair. People are also consuming black tea to relieve their stress. One should apply a mixture of two tablespoons of black tea in a cup of water that is boiled over their hair. This should be allowed to stay for a certain period of time before it’s washed out. One should apply this for about two to three times a week.
11. Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
Vitamin C is found in lemon which is an antioxidant and helps in neutralizing free radicals. This will help to prevent any kind of hair damage. One should apply the mixture of 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over their hair. This should be done twice a week.
12. Castor Oil with Coconut Oil
You can experience better blood circulation using castor oil. This is mainly because of the presence of omega-6 fatty acids. One should combine one tablespoon of castor oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply the mixture on your scalp in slightly warm conditions for about 2-3 times a week.
13. Onion Juice and Olive Oil
Here you have to chop a medium-sized onion and blend it in a tablespoon of olive oil. Cheesecloth can be used for squeezing out the juice and then apply the same over the scalp. Do this twice a week.
14. Natural Dye
One can also opt for the application of natural dye to provide color to their hairs. Natural dies will help reduce the amount of damage to their hair. Reduced damage is mainly because they are lesser strong as compared to commercial dyes.
Thus, we can say that with age and reduced effect of melanin one might face with white or grey hairs. One should adopt a few of the simple steps which can help them regain back the health of their hairs. Even some of the steps will help them to maintain the black color of their hair for a longer period of time. It is also possible that some of these remedies might prove to be allergic to you. So, before trying out any of the remedy one should discuss it with their doctor first.