Tired of maintaining your hair? Is your hair always look frizzy and dried? All of this and you still do not know how to tame frizzy hair? This is something that 95 percent of females face in their daily routine. Moreover, they do not have time to sit in the salon for hours while they are getting their work done.
Take a closer look at your hair. When you comb your hair, if you find shingles of your hair lying flat, it means that your hair is flat and smooth. But while you’re combing your hair, if shingles lift up, this will create a frizz in your hair. Here are some different methods by which you can tame your hair and avoid a bad hair day.
How to Tame Frizzy Hair
1. Using professional products
One of the best ways is to use a salon like professional hair products. It is the best way to tame your hair instantly.
Apply Silicone Serum Before Styling
- You know that you have unmanageable hair, your hair type is coarsely textured, rough and frizzy. The only way out is to use a proper shampoo that is meant for rough and dry hair. Besides this, it is vital to use a hair tonic or a serum that could tame your unmanageable hair. The serum works by covering each strand of hair and protects and tames it, thus making it smooth and non-frizzy.
- You can use a tooth comb to apply serum; then you can style your hair with a blow dryer to let it dry. These products work well if used with a heating styler.
- Apply hairspray to your comb before brushing your hair. It will weigh your hair and will give a long-lasting flatten effect.
Use Kid’s Detangling Spray
- It’s not too oily like the other products and will aid you while dealing with tangles or knots with a comb.
- If you want to make your own detangling spray, you can easily do that by using a spray bottle, filling it with 1/3 hair conditioner and 2/3 of water.
Use Shine Spray to Settle Down the Flyways
Apply shine spray lightly on your hair and then use a small comb or toothbrush to brush back any flyways. These are that tiny hair which never stays down. You can easily get the shine spray from any local store or online.
Make a Bun or Top Knot
In case you just have 5 minutes to tame your frizzy hair, like in the morning while getting ready, the best way is to make an updo and go for it.
For frizzy hair updo, top knots are an excellent option since it gives a messy, casual look.
Use a Mild Shampoo Which has Moisturizers
Avoid using any harsh products since they will make your hair dry. Instead, develop a habit of using conditioners after shampooing your hair.
How often you need to shampoo or condition your hair, depends on its texture, whether its oily, dry or color treated.
Use a Protein-Rich Conditioner
It will help you in managing your frizzy hair as well as will give it a healthy shine. In case you have fine hair, use normal conditioning, else go for deep conditioning, i.e., leave it for 5 minutes before washing it out.
Use Alcohol-Free Products
Make sure the hair products you are using are alcohol-free, since it can dry your hair and will result in even more frizz. Look out for names on the label, ethyl alcohol, ethanol, propanol, denatured alcohol, SD alcohol or propyl alcohol.
The ones which are used in hair products are mainly fatty alcohols, which can be tolerated. Such as cetyl, lauryl, or similar ones.
Mix Hairspray and Water, Apply Before the Shower
Spray it on your fingers and rub on your frizzes, leave it for 1 hour and then go for a shower. It will get absorbed in your hair and will flatten your frizz. After shower, dry your hair with a cotton t-shirt, it will help you to improve your hair and make it soft and silky.
Use Humectants or Anti-Humectants as Per Your Hair
If you have curly hair, use humectants, it will help you in attracting moisture from the air and will reduce your frizz. While to prevent frizz in straight hair, you need to use anti-humectants, which will block additional moisture. You can easily find these products in your nearby shops or online.
2. Use Different Home Remedies to Tame Your Frizzy Hair
Another best way is to try home remedies for taming your rough hair. This might half an hour time to show its effect. So have patience and keep using home remedies to control that frizz. Here are few of them:
Use Carbonated Water
The easiest and simplest way to treat your frizzy hair. Carbonated water has a low pH level which helps you in reducing the frizz. After washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner, rinse your hair finally with several mugs of carbonated water.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidity present in apple cider vinegar help you in taming your frizzy hair and will give them a healthy shine.
After shampooing your hair, use 4 parts of apple cider vinegar and one part of water mixture to rinse your hair from root to tip. Leave it for 30 seconds and then rinse with cold water. Then use the conditioner as you usually do.
Repeat This for Once in a Week.
For those who have highly frizzy hair, mix one part of apple cider vinegar with 2 parts of water, pour on hair and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Avocado and Olive oil Mask
These natural ingredients work well as a conditioner and give your hair several hydrating benefits.
Mash avocado in a bowl, add a splash of olive oil and whisk well. After shampooing, dry your hair with a towel, and apply this mask to your hair, leave it for 30 minutes to an hour. Rinse thoroughly. Use conditioner to get rid of the avocado smell. Use this mask for 1-2 in a week to prevent frizziness and to condition your hair.
Use Raw Egg
Eggs are rich in amino acids which are quite beneficial in reviving your hair follicles as well as smoothens your frizzy hair. It even has enzymes which kill the bacteria and get rid of unwanted oil on your scalp.
Mix one spoon of olive oil with one egg. Let it sit for 30 minutes then apply to your hair and keep it for 20 minutes. Keeping it too long might make your hair brittle. Rinse thoroughly and then go for your regular shampooing.
Apply Natural Oils
Using natural oils like olive oil or coconut oil is very beneficial for your hair. Coconut oil has hydrating properties, and it smells good too. Put some oil on your fingers and run them through your hair when you feel your hair is too dry or frizzy.
Hot Oil Massage or Mask
Make sure the oil temperature is comfortable to apply on the scalp. You can make your own treatment at home by using coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, almond oil, castor oil or rosemary oil.
Warm the chosen oil for 2-4 minutes, let it cool to room temperature, add two tablespoons of honey, apply it onto your scalp and gently massage from root to tip. Cover your head with a plastic bag or hot towel, so that your hair can get the moisture. Let it for 1 hour and them shampoo and condition your hair.
Use Beer Rinse
Natural enzymes present in beer can easily tame your frizzy hair and gives them shine, as well as a healthy mane. Go for dark amber ale or stout since dark beer has the most moisture and nutrients.
Coat your hair with beer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
3. Go for Hair Spa or Hair Treatment
If you notice your hair turning seriously dry or rough and they are not manageable, you need a good hair spa. Visit your salon and treat your hair. This will boost volume to your dull and non-shiny hair plus it will make it appear full of life.
Giving your hair keratin and cystine treatment regularly will nourish your hair. These treatments will also increase the length of hair. As these treatments are important for your hair, it will add volume and will keep them frizz free for a longer period.
4. What to Avoid
- Avoid brushing your hair while they are wet. It will lead to breakage. You can use a microfiber towel or a cotton-shirt to squeeze your hair, and then use your fingers to detangle your hair. You can use an anti-frizz product too.
- Wet your fingers before your finger comb your dry hair.
- Use blow dry for roots; it will give your hair a lift and will leave your hair shaft and tips not too dry.
- Use a boar bristle or round brush to comb your hair.
- Avoid using a towel to dry your hair; it will result in drying your hair cuticles and make it look more frizzy. You can use a microfiber towel and press water out of hair.
- Say bye to flat irons or curling irons.
- Avoid over-processing your hair with straighteners or relaxers. These will make your hair brittle and lead to breakage. Use heat-protectors if you need to.
Follow above listed simple tips to keep your hair frizz-free, shiny and healthy.