There are a lot of questions surrounding the science behind hair growth. For some, this is just an issue of personal preference and personal hygiene. For others, this is a serious matter of medical concern. For many people, the appearance of long hair can make a big difference in their lives. The question now is, “How does hair growth happen?” It’s not rocket science or custom thesis writing but still needs some learning.
The answer isn’t exactly simple. While there are many theories that explain the process, there are no definitive answers. The actual cause of how and why hair grows has been a mystery for a very long time. The science behind hair growth was a closely guarded secret, but science made it public.
The science behind the hair
Well, let’s start with the hair anatomy. All of us know the word “follicle” . What exactly it is? It’s a small group of cells. Speaking in terms of hair. it’s a place on the bottom of which the root of a hair is located. The roots of the hair consist of protein cells and are fed from the blood. It pushes the root to create more cells and therefore – hair to grow.
How the bunch of cells turns into the hair as we know it? Because everyone knows hair isn’t a live structure. The deal is that they became keratinized from the middle of the follicle. So, actually, no live cells are seeing the outside world, and the entire hair we see is a dead structure.
The life of the follicle can be staged into three phases – growing, involution and resting. The first one takes a few years and it’s a phase that makes hair grow. When it reaches a maximum of its length, it comes to the next phase – involution, which takes a few days while the end of the hair changes its shape. The last phase is when the hair is fully grown and it makes it a few months to fall out.
So, now we know this biological background. How exactly can we help with growing?
Ways to help with hair growth
- Various other kinds of oils are there on the market that claim to be the best natural ways to grow hair fast. Coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil have been scientifically proven to be effective ways to promote hair growth. Make masks to help your hair feed cells better.
- Regular hair washing: most of us wash our hair every day with shampoo, whether it be conditioner or straightener. Don’t make your hair too dirty, it may dirty pores.
- Comb gently through your hair after the shampoo and gently massage into the scalp with the palm of your hand. If you want more of a deep conditioning treatment, you can combine a teaspoon of oil with any type of shampoo for a deep treatment. When you rinse out, you’ll have a nice head of hair that will feel very soft and silky.
- Dry your hair naturally, it will prevent extra damage which makes the last phase of growth longer. Also, use hair styling tools carefully.
- Eat balanced food rich in vitamins and omega-3. It will help your body to produce “food” for hair cells.
- Make scalp massages regularly, it will enhance blood circulation.
Hope it’ll help you with the hair of your dream!