A chain braid is exactly what it sounds like- your hair knotted to look just like a chain. This style is perfect for all lengths of hair and can be perfected in just a few shots. It can be made into a headband or pinner into a ponytail or a bun and gives your hair a classy look. Style your hair into a chain braid and wear basics to look all dressed up with a beautiful hairstyle. There is a simple procedure to make it, and you can also make it on your hair and then style it into whatever style you like.
What Do You Need To Make A Chain Braid?
- A comb
- Hair clips
Step-By-Step Procedure To Make A Chain Braid
- Part your hair into how you usually like to wear it.
- Take a small section of your hair from the top of your head and divide it into two, then tie it into a simple knot.
- Now, pick a smaller section of your hair from either side and add to the consequent knots similar to how it’s done in a French braid, moving towards your ear.
- Continue adding small strands of hair every time that you tie a knot.
- Repeat the above procedure until you reach the back of your ear.
- Now, pin the chain braid into place.
- Take the remaining hair and tie it into a bun or a ponytail as you like.
- Secure the chain braid with hairspray to settle down the loose strands.
Your chain braid is done! Style it as you like.
In a French braid, the tree-section normal braid is done by taking sections of your hair at the back of your head. On the other hand, a chain braid is easier to make and is a knotted braid wherein you keep adding sections of hair to each consequent knot. Both braids are easy to make, but the chain braid is slightly easier to make than the french braid.
A chain braid is very simple to make and takes about 10 minutes to make if you have practiced. For someone who is making it for the first time, it will take some time to get used to and will probably take a little longer than that.
A proper chain braid is very easy to maintain. Make sure the knots are well tied, and no loose hair comes out. To make it further neat and clean, use a hairspray to settle the frizz in your hair and make it look like a perfect braid altogether.