Celtic knots are most elegant, beautiful and one of the most versatile as well as intricate hairstyle. It is one of the simples hairstyles which makes it highly popular amongst women. However, most women find it a little complex to do it, but with a little practice and patience you could also join in on this trend and wear the impressive Celtic knot braid hairstyle.
Celtic Knot Braid
Method 1: Steps for making a Basic Celtic Braid
Here are step by step details to help you learn this hairstyle.
- Take a thin section of hair from each side of your head. Pull the parts from temples or just above your ears. The two sections of the hair that you pick should be of the thickness of a pen as they will be used to form the knot.
- Fold the left strand in a loop. Now position this loop at the center back of your head. After that, move it upwards and hold it with your left thumb forefinger. The loop should be two fingers thickness.
- Grab the right strand between your left ring and pinky fingers. Use your right hand to move the right strand hair. Cover it around the back of your head placing it towards your left hand. Hold it with left pinky finger and ring finger. Leave the strand from your right hand.
- Pull the right strand upwards behind the left strand. Slide your right thumb and forefinger down through the top of the left strand in a way that they are between the strand and your head. Swiftly take the right strand and pull it upwards and place it between the left strand and your head.
- Clip the loop in place. The loop as created should be secured with a clip to keep it in place. It would be apt if secured with a duck hair bill clip and leave the right strand as of now.
- Take the right strand over the top of the loop. Now take the right loop and pull it away from your hair. Drag it downward so that it crosses in front of the left loop.
- Take the end of the right strand from the loop towards from beneath towards your head. Slip your finger under the right strand and leave through the left loop. Grab the right strand and pull it through the loop towards your head. Continue to pull the strand under the right strand.
- Let go of the knot. Gently tighten it. Secure the ends of both the strands but tugging them to tighten the knot.
- Complete the look. Even out the loops by tugging them and if you are happy with the placements to clamp the knot with a flat iron. Thus your knot will be set and give a smooth look also. Finish it off with a dash of hairspray.
Below are the most beautiful basic celtic braid hairstyle ideas you will love to follow.
Method 2: Steps for making a Celtic Braid Headband
After learning the basic Celtic braid, it will be easier for you to create a Celtic braid headband.
- Take a big section of your hair. Take a thick section of your hair from the hairline and divide it into four smaller strands.
- Weave the first strand through the other strands. Pick the first strand and cross it over the second strand and then under the third strand. Bring it over the fourth strand, remember to work from right to left.
- Now pick the fourth strand and weave it through other strands. Now you are moving from left to right. Weave the fourth strand over the third strand and under the second strand ignore the first strand.
- Weave the second strand through other strands. Ignore the fourth strand. Weave the second strand under the third strand and over the first strand on the left side.
- Continue to weave the strands back and forth. Ignoring the first and last strand on the far left and right, weave the other strands over and under across the other strands like a basket till you reach the bottom. Continue the step till you get the desired result.
- Secure the braid with a hair tie, that is of the same color as your hair or use a clear one.
- Now that you are done with braiding you can style the braid or let it be simple hanging down to the length of your hair. You can also fluff up your hair to get a fuller look or tie all your hair in a bun.
Here are few very stunning celtic braid headband hairstyle ideas you will love to follow.
Follow these simple steps to get the hack of a new hairstyle and let everyone else envy your beauty.