When you buy through links on our site, we may earn affiliate commission.
When it comes to looking sexy and sultry, nothing beats curly hair, so if you have curly hair, you indeed are the lucky ones.
But of course, there are times when you wish to change up your looks, and the best way to do that is to straighten your hair. This is most especially true if you want something more polished and sleek for specific events. If this is the vase, a hair straightener is what you need.
However, you shouldn’t just use any hair straightening iron. Remember that different hair types have different needs, so you choose the best hair straightener for curly hair. Here are some pointers that can help you do that:
- If you straighten your hair regularly, choose one with Tourmaline Technology since this is a great conductor of heat, minimizing the risk of hair damage and burns.
- If possible, choose one with Tourmaline Technology too, as it can help curly hair retain its shine and smoothness after being straightened.
- If you have long hair, you can go for a hair straightener with a thicker barrel, while the thinner barrel is recommended for short hair.
These are just the basics. You also need to consider the straightener’s features to determine if it’s the right one for you.
You might discover everything you need below:
1. FURIDEN Professional Hair Straightener – Our Top Pick
With its metallic gold color and sleek design, the Furiden Professional Hair Straightener is probably the most stylish option on this list. Moreover, this is also the most efficient as it features a new directional switch design that will allow you to set your desired temperature in just one step!
- This also has MCH heating technology designed to reach the set temperature in just 15 seconds.
- The hair straightener features a 360-degree long swivel cord, and the floating plate will ensure that you can straighten your hair without any hindrances and snags.
- This also functions as a curler and has a dual voltage, so it’s the perfect styling device to take with you on your trips.
- It comes with a 97-inch long cord so that you won’t encounter any cord length issues.
- The plates feature Tourmaline Ceramic Technology for shiny and smooth hair with no heat damage.
- There’s a learning curve when using this straightener since its design is different than most.
- The small barres won’t work well on thick hair.
The HSI Professional Flat Iron is widely used by professional hairstylists worldwide as it’s one of the most advanced hair straighteners in the market. It features not just two but three hair technology—Tourmaline, Ceramic, and Ionic.
These work together in ensuring that you can save time, reduce frizz, and minimize hair damage when styling your hair.
- The flat iron has 8 micro-sensors, which features HeatBalance Technology developed for even heat distribution and heat regulation for minimal damage and less styling time.
- The flat iron has 110/220 V for worldwide travel.
- This device comes with few accessories, including a heat-resistant glove, hair treatment sample, argan oil leave-in, and carrying pouch.
- The flat iron has a wide temperature range of 140 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The tourmaline-infused ceramic plates reduce static and tame frizz for smooth hair.
- The straightener takes time to warm up.
- The barrels may not be suitable for thick hair.
If you’re afraid that the heat of these styling devices will damage your hair, the Kipozi Professional Titanium Hair Straightener got you covered! This device comes with a smart security system that will automatically lower the temperature when it gets too hot.
- The device also automatically shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Since the plates feature a rounded design, this can also double as a hair curler.
- The handle is designed to protect your hand from heat and fits your hand ergonomically.
- It comes with floating plates designed for full snag-free contact with your hair.
- The plates are made up of titanium, a great heat conductor, and even heat distribution.
- The company has poor customer service.
- The on and off switch is located near the hot plate, which is not ideal.
At first look, it seems as if there’s nothing special with Chi G2 Ceramic Hair Straightener because of its traditional appearance. But what you didn’t know is it combines two advanced technologies in one device.
It has ceramic plates, which heats up quickly and produces negative ions, which eliminates static and reduces frizz. Second, it also has Titanium Technology, which delivers consistent temperature and prevents overheating.
- This has a new mode button that will allow you to access preset temperatures.
- It also has an LCD Temperature Display so you can choose the right temperature for curly hair.
- The device features a sleek black color.
- Its plates are big enough for thick and long hair.
- Since the plates are bigger than most straighteners, it covers more hair so you can style your hair faster.
- It doesn’t come with a swivel cord, so that the cord can be easily damaged with twists and turns.
- The control buttons are located near the hot plate, so they are not easily accessible.
- It’s on the expensive side.
Do you want to straighten your hair in the quickest way possible? You’ll be happy to know that the Coolkesi Ionic hair Straightener will help you dry, brush, and style your hair all at the same time. That’s not all. It’s also designed to warm up in just 30 seconds!
- The straightening brush has an LCD temperature display so you can monitor and ensure that you’re using the right temperature for your hair type.
- This has a 360-degree swivel cord so you can place the brush at any angle.
- The styling device already comes with a heat-resistant glove pair, 2 hair clips, and a travel pouch.
- It has 15 levels of adjustable temperature ranging from 180 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This uses MCH heating technology for an efficient heating process.
- The paint of the brush comes off.
- The teeth of the brush don’t grab thin hair well.
Straightening your curly hair takes time. That’s why you must choose the right flat iron. You need to go with one that has all the necessary technologies to protect your hair from frizziness and damage.
Considering this, the best hair straightener for curly hair is the Furiden Professional Hair Straightener as Tourmaline Ceramic Technology. It also heats up fast so you can save time and electricity!