Ponytail hairstyles have been around for a while now. They just never get outdated. There are numerous reasons why women love these hairstyles. First, it brings out a glamorous look. Ponytail hairstyles are also easy to design and maintain. Today, we are going to focus our attention on eight types of ponytail hairstyles. Here they are:
1. Braided Base Ponytail
There are two ways you can design a braided base ponytail.
- Give your hair a soft texture and look by combing it.
- Direct all your hair straight towards the back to form a ponytail
- Use a hair tie to hold your hair still.
- Take a section of hair from your ponytail and plait it.
- Use this braided hair to wrap the base of your ponytail
- Use a booby pin to hold your braid intact in place
- Comb your hair before deciding the position you intend to place your ponytail.
- Part your hair into two sections through a line that cuts downwards.
- Take each hair section and divide it into four main sections
- Proceed and plait each section. Ensure braids on each side are equal in size.
- Use these braids to form a ponytail.
2. Half up Fishtail Ponytail
Half up fishtail ponytail is unique and different when compared to other hairstyles on this list. There are two methods you can use to design a half up fishtail ponytail hairstyle. Here are the two techniques:
- Enhance the texture of your hair through a volumizing spray. This enhances the final touch of your hairstyle.
- Carry on and form a half up ponytail. Use the right comb to properly part your hair.
- Divide your ponytail into two main sections. You should have a right and left section.
- Cross a section of your hair from the left to hold still your hair.
- Repeat the same procedure with a section of hair on the right side.
- Commence and start plaiting your hair to form a fishtail look.
- Use a headband to hold your hair still.
- Smoothen your hair by combing it and using blow dry. This helps remove tangles and bumps on your hair.
- Take hair around your forehead and form a mini ponytail. Clip this hair to make it easy to handle the rest of your head hair
- Form another half up ponytail immediately below your first one.
- Take the first ponytail and divide it into two sections.
- Place the lower ponytail in between the two sections.
- This is the point you form a faux fishtail ponytail
- Feel free hold your half up fishtail ponytail still through bobby pins.
3. Pull Through Braided Ponytail
Pull through braided ponytail looks simple but it’s somewhat complicated. It is comprised of a couple mini ponytails clamped through each other. There are two ways in which you can attain this marvelous hairstyle. Here are the two methods:
- Start off by directing your hair to form a ponytail.
- A comb works perfect when designing a ponytail. It also helps remove tangles and bumps of your head.
- Carry on and divide your ponytail into two equal halves
- Hold your hairstyle still through a hair tie
- Create a hole on the top of your ponytail.
- Pass hair from the bottom of your ponytail into this hole before tightening it.
- Proceed and plait your ponytail up to its edges
- Feel free to use a hair spray on your head.
- Separate a section of hair around your forehead and hold it with a hair tie.
- Use this hair to form a ponytail
- Form a second ponytail just below the first one
- Focus your attention on the first ponytail. Take it and divide it into two halves.
- Take your lower ponytail and direct it upwards.
- Conjoin this hair before plaiting it into one ponytail.
- It’s up to you to decide the size of ponytail you want to form on the head.
4. Woven Ponytail
Woven ponytail was designed to add some flair on your ponytail hairstyle. A lot of women adopt woven ponytail in an effort to bring out a unique and marvelous look. Woven ponytail can be attained in two ways. Here they are:
- Thoroughly comb your hair to attain a smooth texture
- Afterwards, part your hair towards the back of the head using your fingers
- Proceed and form a ponytail. Use an elastic band to hold your hair intact
- Make a hole immediately above the elastic band you used.
- Take a section of hanging hair on the left side of the head and direct it into the hole
- Repeat the same procedure with hanging hair on the right side of the head.
- Use bobby pins to hold your hairstyle intact.
- Conjoin all your hair before dividing it into three main sections.
- Use the middle part section to come up with a ponytail
- Twist hair on the right towards your ponytail.
- Repeat the same procedure with hair on the left side of the head
- Tuck this hair beneath your ponytail.
- Use an elastic band to hold your entire hairstyle intact.
5. High Ponytail
High ponytail hairstyle suits women with long hair. Here are three ways you can design this amazing hairstyle:
- Thoroughly brush your hair to get rid of tangles, bumps or knots on your hair.
- Use the right comb or you risk damaging your hair
- Use you comb to tease hair on the top to increase its volume
- Form a ponytail with your hair
- Use an elastic band to hold your ponytail in place
- You can enhance the looks and texture of your hair through hair spray and using some hair accessory.
- Wash your hair a few hours before the designing process
- Brush your hair once it dries
- Gather hair on the back and form a ponytail. Use a comb to properly design your ponytail.
- Conjoin the rest of your hair on the ponytail and hold it tight with an elastic band
- Give your entire hair poof through teasing
- Afterwards, form a ponytail with your long hair
- Go an extra mile and add waves on your ponytail
- Use a hair brush to design your hair before holding it still with a hair brush
6. High Ponytail without Bumps
High ponytail is one of the commonly used hairstyle. As the name suggests, this hairstyle has been enhanced to get rid of any bumps on your hair. Here is how this hairstyle is designed:
- Start off by washing your hair.
- Blow dry it to completely dry all water on your hair
- Use a flat iron to remove any bumps that might be on your hair. You will attain a smooth texture
- You can enhance the texture of your hair through hairspray
- Choose the location you want to form your high ponytail before parting your hair around this region.
- Proceed and form a half up ponytail at some point on the back.
- Use a comb to gather hair into the ponytail. Use a hair tie to hold this hair still.
- Take the remaining hair and add it on your half up ponytail
- Use a flat iron to further smoothen your hair before holding it in place
7. High Ponytail using Clip in Hair Extension
High ponytail using clip in hair extension can be used to bring out some sort of challenge and new adventure. This is one of the reasons you should try it out. Let us check out how to attain this marvelous hairstyle:
- Comb both your hair extension and your hair. This removes tangles and bumps that might be on your head
- Proceed and divide your hair into three equal sections
- Proceed and form a ponytail using your middle hair.
- Tuck in the remaining hair on both the right and left side towards your ponytail.
- Use a hair brush to give your ponytail a neat look
Pigtail hairstyle is a bit delicate when compared to other hairstyles. Here is a step by step tips on how to adopt this hairstyle
- Divide your hair into two sections through a line that stretches from the top to bottom
- Divide each section into three sections. These sections should be in a descending order
- Form a ponytail on both the right and left side of the head.
- Take a section of hair on both the right and left side of the head. Plait each hair section.
- Afterwards, form a zigzag look on your head. The two braids on your head will also hold your ponytail in place.
- Use an elastic band to hold your ponytail in place.
- Give the remaining hair forming ponytail a curly look.
Adopt your favorite ponytail hairstyle today.